open call for visual artists!
submit your work to ‘having a whiskey coke with you,’ a monthly ‘zine of writing & art with a monthly reading at freddy’s bar and backroom in brooklyn, ny.
look through past entries on our tumblr to see back issues and examples of work that has been included in the past. here’s a link to our latest issue. reblog this at your heart’s content - get the word out about whiskey coke!
- submit all work in black-and-white (grayscale). the ‘zine is printed in black-and-white and we don’t want to misrepresent your pieces. if you have color work that you feel can translate to black-and-white, feel free to make those tweaks and send along.
- all media are accepted as long as you can send a high-quality image of the piece for printing in the ‘zine. photography, painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, installations…if you can represent your work in 2D image, we’re down.
- your work should be in the grey gamma 2.2 workspace.
- all work must be submitted in .tif or .psd format. if file sizes are large, feel free to upload to dropbox and share, or send us a .zip file (attached or via a URL).
- hi-res images of at least 8.5” x 11” and 300dpi. images that are sent at lower resolutions will not be accepted.
- include an exact title for each image so we know how to credit your work.
to be considered for the current issue (we’re currently working on february), you must submit your work by the 3rd of each month. for this month, all visual art submissions must be in by APRIL 2, 2012 to be considered for this issue. anything submitted after that date will be considered for the next issue.
send all work to firstname.lastname@example.org. we’ll let you know if your work is accepted into the issue and ask for a short (1-2 sentence) bio. if you have any questions, send us an e-mail!